Since the inaugural season in 2013, the Lady Blue Devils (LBD) program has grown remarkably and will continue to do so this year. This season LBD will be offering 4 teams - 8U/10U, 10U, 12U, and 14U/16U. We will continue to collaborate and integrate with the in-house and other beginner hockey programs at TVMHA and Tri-Valley Ice. We’re excited about formation of the California Girls Super Series which looking to unify and grow female tournaments in California to create a multi-weekend season for all California female programs.
You can expect more games, more competition, and access to additional coaching resources. We will be focusing on skill, team, and interpersonal development as our journey towards competitive Travel and Tier teams continues.
Our mission is to provide welcoming, educational, and competitive environment while removing barriers that would keep young ladies away from this wonderful team sport. If you think you have a barrier, we will try to help you remove it, including if you need loaner gear or just want to give hockey a try before making longer commitments.
We are very excited about the 2017-2018 season and are looking forward to seeing returning and new smiling faces at the rink.
For more information, please leave your contact information here or e-mail Alex Kaplenko (LBDhockey@gmail.com)
Highlights for the 2017-2018 Lady Blue Devils Programs
(subject to change)
- Season Duration: 8/14/17 – 3/4/18 with breaks for Thanksgiving and Winter Holidays.
- Practices: Joint practices with house or LBD teams focusing on individual skill and team play development. Practices expected to be at Tri-Valley Ice (TVI) and/or Dublin Iceland. See below for detailed schedule
- Games: Full TVMHA in-house league schedule and exhibition games against other clubs, especially San Jose Jr. Lady Sharks.
- California Girls Super Series (CGSS): Players will be selected by the coaches based on players’ skill set and availability. Tournament dues will be paid by participating player. We are planning to attend:
- LBD Jerseys: Approximately $175 for a set of home and away jerseys and associated socks. Order information coming soon.
- Season Dues: $1,100. Will cover the costs of practices, house and exhibition games, and other expenses. Jamborees, Tournament, and JV league fees are separate. About 80% of the dues are for ice rental. Increase in ice costs combined with longer season, the dues are slightly higher than in prior years.
- Volunteer Deposit: $100 refundable volunteer deposit per family. Reimbursements will be made at the end of season upon completion of 10 volunteer hours (coaching, team manager, time keeper, locker-room monitor, etc).
2017-2018 Practice and Game Schedule
(subject to change)
8/10U – Head Coach, Doug Louie & Matt Jefferson
- Developmental Team for the younger and newer players with heavy emphasis on individual skill development.
- Wednesday: 6:00 – 7:00 PM @ TVI (starting 8/30) (Shared with House 8U)
- Friday: 5:45 – 6:45 PM @ TVI (starting 8/30) (Shared with House 8U)
- Sunday: Later afternoons (between 3:00 and 6:30 PM) – Game Night (Schedule pending) (starting 9/3)
- 8U players will participate in 3 Norcal Jamborees in Bay Area locations.
- Evaluation Schedule (8/16 – 8/27):
- Wednesday: 6:00 – 7:00 PM @ TVI
- Sunday: 5:30 – 6:30 PM @ TVI
10U & 12U – Head Coach, Alex Kaplenko & Matt Jefferson
- Exhibition Team for the 10U and 12U players with continued focus on developing individual skills and game concepts. Play in 10U and 12U divisions, but practice jointly.
- Tuesday: 6:00 – 7:15 PM @ TVI – Practice (Shared with LBD 12U)
- Thursday: 6:00 – 7:15 PM @ TVI – Practice (Shared with LBD 12U)
- Games: 9/24/17 – 3/4/18
- 10U - Sunday 8:45-10AM @ TVI and/or 6:00-7:00 PM @ Dublin.
- 12U - Sunday 10:15-11:30AM @ TVI and/or 7:00-8:00 PM @ Dublin.
14/16U – Head Coaches Derek Kerton & Doug Miller
- For our senior players in the 14U and High School divisions with ongoing focus on individual and team play.
- Thursday: 7:30 – 8:45PM @ TVI
- Sunday: 8:15 - 9:15PM @ DI (share with house 14U)
- Games: 9/22/17 – 3/4/18
- Friday: 7:45 – 9:00 PM @ DI (vs. house 14U)
- Occasional Saturday 11:45AM - 1:00PM @ TVI.